AC 12, touch 7, flat-footed 12; uncanny dodge
hp 114 (8 HD)
Fort +16, Ref +5, Will +6
Weakness vulnerability to fire
Spd 60 ft
Melee bite +15 (1d8+12 plus 1d6 cold)
Space 10 ft; Reach 5 ft
Base Atk +8; Grp +20
Special Atk breath weapon (15-ft cone, 1/1d4 rounds, dmg 4d6 cold, Ref DC 21 half), freezing bite, trip (+12 check modifier)
Abilities Str 26, Dex 10, Con 26, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 10
Feats Alertness, Improved Initiative, Track
Skills Listen +12, Spot +8, Survival +10 (+14 when tracking by scent)
Freezing Bite (Su) A winter wolf deals an extra 1d6 points of cold damage every time it bites an opponent, as if its bite were a frost weapon.
Trip (Ex) A winter wolf that hits with a bite attack can attempt to trip the opponent (+12 check modifier) as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the winter wolf.
Uncanny Dodge (Ex) The winter wolf retains his Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even if he is caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker.
Rage (Ex) Once per day the winter wolf can fly into a rage for 11 rounds. When not ranging, the following changed statistics are in effect:
- AC 14, touch 9, flat-footed 14; uncanny dodge
- hp 98 (8 HD)
- Fort +14, Will +4
- Melee bite +13 (1d8+9 plus 1d6 cold)
- Grp +18
- Special Atk breath weapon (15-ft cone, once every 1d4 rounds, dmg 4d6 cold, Ref DC 19 half), trip (+10 check modifier)
- Abilities Str 22, Dex 10, Con 22, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 10
- Skills Hide +2 (+9 in areas of snow and ice), Move Silently +5