Hugh Foulds has everything - money, a mansion, a nightclub, and connected friends. He got them through the mob. Despite his allegiances to a specific organization, he has struck friendships with several other such organizations and has few rivals. However, this also brings him enemies in the form of law enforcement. Though the police have investigate him for more than a year, they don't have enough on him to charge him with anything. Various attempts to establish contact between him and undercover police officers have failed.
A careful operator, Foulds has a "nose for trouble", helping him to sniff out people dangerous to him, such as rival mobsters or undercover police officers. He's known for being a controlled, clear thinker with a sense of humor.
Foulds operates several organized crime schemes, such as loan sharking, usually through his underlings. He has about twelve associates who do his work for him, including dirty work "when necessary". He pays his street tax to more powerful crime figures, who in return do not attack his organization and pay the cops to look the other way.
Hugh Foulds is just over 6 feet tall and in his fifties. He doesn't have much of a reputation for violence, which many other mobsters of his rank have acquired.
Hugh Foulds (Charismatic Hero 4/Dedicated Hero 4): CR 8; Medium Humanoid (human); HD 8d6+11, hp 41, Mas 12; Init -1, Spd 30 ft.; Def 16 (-1 Dex, +5 class, +2 undercover vest); BAB +5, Grap +6; Atk brawl +7 melee (1d6+1 nonlethal) or small pistol +4 ranged (2d6); S/R 5 ft./5 ft.; AL crime organization, greed; SV Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +7; AP 4, Rep +6; Str 12, Dex 9, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 14.
- Occupation: Criminal (class skills: Knowledge (streetwise), Sleight of Hand; bonus feat: Brawl)
- Skills: Bluff +7*/**, Diplomacy +11*/**, Drive +0, Gamble +5**, Gather Information +11*/**, Intimidate +5*/**, Investigate +8, Knowledge (art) +4, Knowledge (business) +7, Knowledge (current events) +6, Knowledge (civics) +7, Knowledge (popular culture) +6, Knowledge (streetwise) +10, Knowledge (tactics) +6, Listen +6, Perform (stand-up) +5*/**, Profession +11, Search +3, Sense Motive +8**, Sleight of Hand +3, Spot +3.
A * refers to skills affected by Foulds' Charm talent, and ** refers to skills affected by his Empathy talent.
- Languages: Any two (literate and spoken).
- Feats: Armor Proficiency (light), Attentive, Brawl, Endurance, Iron Will, Personal Firearms Proficiency, Point Blank Shot, Toughness, Trustworthy.
- Talents (Charismatic): Charm (male), favor.
- Talents (Dedicated): Empathy, intuition.
- Possessions: expensive business suit (many tailored to hide his pistol), expensive watch, mid-sized luxury sedan, semi-automatic pistol with 3 magazines (15 rounds each).
| This article is related to |
|D20 Modern NPCs|
|D20 Modern NPCs by Creature Type|
|D20 Modern NPCs by Primary Character Class|