Dog, Vicious: CR 4; Medium Animal; HD 5d8+15, hp 37, Mas 16; Init +2, Spd 40 ft.; Def 16 (+2 Dex, +4 natural); BAB +3, Grap +6; Atk bite +6 melee (1d6+4); S/R 5 ft./5 ft.; SA improved grab, trip +3; SQ low-light vision, scent; AL owner; SV Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +2; AP 0, Rep +0; Str 16, Dex 15, Con 16, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6.
- Skills: Jump +7 (+9 running jump), Spot +5, Survival +1 (+5 tracking)
- Feats: Alertness, Great Fortitude, Track (B)
A vicious dog attacks mainly by jumping at its opponent's throat or arms and holding on. If more than one dog is attacking, each will randomly decide to use their improved grab ability or their trip ability. Both abilities cannot be used at the same time. A vicious dog that successfully grapples an opponent will not let go unless it suffers massive damage.
- Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a vicious dog must hit with its bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.
- Trip (Ex): A vicious dog that hits with a bite attack can attempt to trip the opponent (+3 check modifier) as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the dog. The dog cannot attempt to trip and use its improved grab ability at the same time.
- Skills: A dog gains a +2 racial bonus to Jump checks and a +4 racial bonus to Survival checks when tracking by scent.
| This article is related to |
|D20 Modern NPCs|
|D20 Modern NPCs by Creature Type|
|D20 Modern NPCs by Primary Character Class|