Gunfire broke out at the hotel. Someone was firing a Tommy Gun from a car. However, the big glass windows did not shatter, and no one was injured. They were firing blanks, so it must be a warning.
Al Capone, Frankie Rio and the others got off of the floor. All of a sudden, Frankie's extra sense went off. He threw Al to the ground and covered him. Before Al could react or even shout at him, the windows broke. Lead poured into the hotel in the form of hundreds of bullets fired from more Tommy Guns. Several more cars passed by, spraying the hotel.
After the incident, everyone stayed on the floor for several minutes, shaken. Al asked Frankie how he knew about the real gunfire. "I have a nose for trouble", says Frankie.
A street bodyguard represents a streetwise brawler with a nose for trouble. Rising from this background, they gain employment with organizations ranging from a music star's entourage to a bodyguard for an organized crime figure. In either event, their position has room for advancement, as they frequently offer advice to clients they spend a lot of time around.
In the Italian Mafia, several bodyguards, such as James "Jimmy Brown" Failla have moved on to positions such as capo or even boss of the family.
Street Bodyguard (Dedicated Hero 3/Strong Hero 3/Tough Hero 2): CR 8; Medium Humanoid (human); HD 3d6+3d8+2d10+8, hp 45, Mas 12; Init +1, Spd 30 ft.; Def 17 (+1 Dex, +6 class); BAB +6, Grap +7, Atk brawl +9/+4 melee (1d8+3) or club +7/+2 melee (1d6+2) or revolver +7/+2 ranged (2d6); S/R 5 ft./5 ft.; AL any; SV Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4; AP 4, Rep +1; Str 13, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 13, Cha 12.
- Occupation: Criminal (class skills: Hide, Sleight of Hand; bonus feat: Brawl)
- Skills: Bluff +5, Diplomacy +2, Drive +3, Gamble +4, Gather Information +2, Hide +3, Intimidate +7, Knowledge (busines) +2, Knowledge (civics) +3, Knowledge (popular culture) +2, Knowledge (streetwise) +7, Knowledge (tactics) +4, Listen +2, Profession +4, Search +3, Sense Motive +7, Sleight of Hand +4, Spot +6.
- Feats: Attentive, Brawl (Improved), Confident, Deceptive, Improved Feint, Personal Firearms Proficiency, Streetfighting.
- Talents (Dedicated): Empathy, intuition.
- Talents (Strong): Melee smash (improved).
- Talents (Tough): Remain conscious.
- Possessions: club, knife, revolver with several rounds of ammunition, mid-sized sedan, personal effects.
| This article is related to |
|D20 Modern NPCs|
|D20 Modern NPCs by Creature Type|
|D20 Modern NPCs by Primary Character Class|