Time to break in a new officer!
The second-in-command of a platoon is a senior non-commissioned officer, usually a Sergeant First Class. More experienced than the Lieutenant who allegedly leads the platoon, the SFC acts as its bedrock. His job is to lead the most dangerous parts of an attack or defense, as well as train the younger soldiers. This includes the Lieutenant, of course.
Platoon Sergeant (Strong Hero 4/Dedicated Hero 4): CR 8; Medium Humanoid (human); HD 4d8+4d6+16, hp 51, Mas 14; Init +2, Spd 25 ft.; Def 23 (+2 Dex, +6 class, +5 light-duty vest); BAB +7, Grap +8; Atk automatic rifle +10/+5 ranged (2d8) or brawl +9/+4 melee (2d6+2 nonlethal); S/R 5 ft./5 ft.; AL any; SV Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +4; AP 4, Rep +2; Str 13, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 8.
- Occupation: Military (class skills: Hide, Knowledge (tactics); bonus feat: Personal Firearms Proficiency)
- Skills: Climb -1*, Computer Use +2, Craft (structural) +3, Demolitions +2, Diplomacy +0, Hide +3 (+5 fatigues)*, Intimidate +0, Jump -1*, Knowledge (business) +2, Knowledge (current events) +4, Knowledge (tactics) +17, Listen +5 (+8 surprise), Move Silently +0*, Navigate +2 (+6 GPS), Profession +4, Spot +5 (+8 surprise), Survival +2, Swim -2*.
- Feats: Advanced Firearms Proficiency, Armor Proficiency (light, medium), Brawl, Burst Fire, Educated (Knowledge [current events], Knowledge [tactics]), Endurance, Personal Firearms Proficiency, Weapon Focus (automatic rifle)
- Talents (Dedicated): Aware (+3), Skill Emphasis (Knowledge [tactics])
- Talents (Strong): Extreme effort, melee smash.
- Possessions: assault rifle with illuminator and bayonet, 6-8 boxes of ammunition with tracers (30 rounds), 9 mm pistol with 2-3 magazines (15 rounds), 4 frag grenades, 2 flash grenades, combat knife, light-duty vest, kevlar helmet, mesh load-bearing vest, MOLLE backpack (with rain suit, chemical/biological suit, sleeping bag, MREs), fatigues and jacket, combat boots, gas mask, night vision goggles, squad-level radio, 2 canteens (1 quart), tactical map, 2 white smoke grenades, first aid pouch, range-finding binoculars, GPS receiver.
| This article is related to |
|D20 Modern NPCs|
|D20 Modern NPCs by Creature Type|
|D20 Modern NPCs by Primary Character Class|