The second-in-command of a platoon is a senior non-commissioned officer, usually a Sergeant First Class. More experienced than the Lieutenant who allegedly leads the platoon, the SFC acts as its bedrock. His job is to lead the most dangerous parts of an attack or defense, as well as train the younger soldiers. This includes the Lieutenant, of course.
Sergeant, First Class (Strong Hero 2/Tough Hero 2/Soldier 2/Smart Hero 2): CR 8; Medium Humanoid (human); HD 2d8+4d10+2d6+24, hp 65, Mas 16; Init +1, Spd 25 ft.; Def 22 (+1 Dex, +6 class, +5 light-duty vest); BAB +5, Grap +7; Atk assault rifle +7 ranged (2d8+2) or brawl +8 melee (1d6+3 nonlethal); S/R 5 ft./5 ft.; SA Weapon Focus (assault rifle), Weapon Specialization (assault rifle); AL any; SV Fort +9, Ref +3, Will +3; AP 4, Rep +1; Str 14, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 8.
- Occupation: Military (class skills: Hide, Knowledge (tactics); bonus feat: Personal Firearms Profiency)
- Skills: Climb +2*, Computer Use +2, Craft (structural) +3, Demolitions +4, Diplomacy +0, Drive +3, Hide +4 (+6 fatigues)*, Intimidate +4, Jump +1*, Knowledge (business) +2, Knowledge (current events) +4, Knowledge (tactics) +16, Listen +3, Navigate +5 (+9 GPS), Profession (soldier) +5, Repair +2, Sense Motive +2, Spot +4, Survival +2, Swim -1*, Treat Injury +2.
- Feats: Advanced Firearms Proficiency, Armor Proficiency (light, medium), Brawl, Burst Fire, Educated (Knowledge [current events], Knowledge [tactics]), Endurance, Personal Firearms Proficiency.
- Talents (Smart): Savant (Knowledge [tactics])
- Talents (Strong): Melee smash
- Talents (Tough): Remain conscious.
- Possessions: assault rifle with illuminator and bayonet, 6-8 boxes of ammunition with tracers (30 rounds), 9 mm pistol with 2-3 magazines (15 rounds), 4 frag grenades, 2 flash grenades, combat knife, light-duty vest, kevlar helmet, mesh load-bearing vest, MOLLE backpack (with rain suit, chemical/biological suit, sleeping bag, MREs), fatigues and jacket, combat boots, gas mask, night vision goggles, squad-level radio, 2 canteens (1 quart), tactical map, 2 white smoke grenades, first aid pouch, range-finding binoculars, GPS receiver.
| This article is related to |
|D20 Modern NPCs|
|D20 Modern NPCs by Creature Type|
|D20 Modern NPCs by Primary Character Class|