A leadslinger is a skilled gunman employed by a criminal gang. In a fight, they're usually the ones shooting at you from balconies, windows or behind metal containers in a factory that smells strongly of grease...
If the environment is dark and the heroes are wonderfully backlit as they bust down/sneak into a door or window, this just makes things easier for these guys. A leadslinger has no qualms about trying to move unseen from one source of cover to another.
Their favorite tactics include using Skip Shot to shoot their opponents who are also using cover. They work very well with back up, such as some hoodlums pinning their victims down someplace while they open fire from windows on the other side of the street.
Leadslinger (Fast Hero 4): CR 4; Medium Humanoid (human); HD 4d8+4, hp 25, Mas 12; Init +3, Spd 30 ft.; Def 19 (+3 Dex, +5 class, +1 leather jacket); BAB +3, Grap +4; Atk small pistol +6 ranged (2d6); S/R 5 ft./5 ft.; AL varies (often freelance); SV Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +0; AP 2, Rep +1; Str 12, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 8, Cha 13.
- Occupation: Criminal (class skills: Gamble, Sleight of Hand; Personal Firearms Proficiency)
- Skills: Balance +4, Bluff +2, Climb +2, Gamble +3, Hide +6, Intimidate +3, Knowledge (streetwise) +4, Listen +1, Move Silently +6, Sleight of Hand +10, Spot +1, Tumble +9.
- Feats: Dodge, Mobility, Personal Firearms Proficiency, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Skip Shot.
- Talents (Fast): Evasion, Uncanny Dodge 1.
- Possessions: leather jacket, lucky pistol (usually of an unusual color), 6 magazines (15 rounds each), good luck charm, black sports car, fuzzy dice, various firearms paraphrenelia (such as gun magazines, new sights "guaranteed to improve accuracy" and the like).
| This article is related to |
|D20 Modern NPCs|
|D20 Modern NPCs by Creature Type|
|D20 Modern NPCs by Primary Character Class|