In some parts of Russia, the Russian Mafia, also known as the Organizatsiya or Brava ("Brotherhood"), holds sway. This loosely-organized crime syndicate, which has many non-Russian members, has spread to the United States, where they market drugs and illegal weapons.
Due to its small size and loose organization, it is outclassed by the Italian Mafia found there. However, it does have an advantage - many of its members have been trained by the KGB or Spetsnaz (Russian special forces). Some other members are athletes chosen for physical strength. They also have access to automatic rifles and even heavy weapons imported from former Soviet republics. Occasional brutal wars have broken out between the organizatsiya and other crime organizations in the United States.
This example enforcer used to belong to the Russian Interior Ministry. (Yes, I based him on Valery from the Sopranos.) For obvious reasons, actually toting an assault rifle and wearing non-concealable body armor while on missions such as collection of money for protection rackets is not a common thing.
Organizatsiya Enforcer (Tough Hero 9/Soldier 5): CR 14; Medium Humanoid (human); HD 14d10+59, hp 140, Mas 19; Init +5, Spd 25 ft.; Def 24 (+1 Dex, +8 class, +5 light-duty vest); BAB +9, Grap +11; Atk brawl +12/+7 melee (1d6+2 nonlethal) or automatic rifle +11/+6 ranged (2d8+2/19-20); S/R 5 ft./5 ft.; SA Improved critical (AK74), weapon focus (AK74), weapon specialization (AK74); SQ Tactical aid; AL organizatsiya; SV Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +5; AP 7, Rep +4; Str 14, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 8.
- Occupation: Military (class skills: Hide, Knowledge (tactics); bonus feat: Personal Firearms Proficiency)
- Skills: Climb +2*, Hide +3 (+5 fatigues)*, Intimidate +11, Knowledge (behavioral sciences) +4, Knowledge (business) +2, Knowledge (current events) +6, Knowledge (streetwise) +5, Knowledge (tactics) +11, Listen +6, Navigate +7, Spot +7, Survival +7, Treat Injury +2.
- Languages: Chechen, English, Russian, Uzbek.
- Feats: Advanced Firearms Proficiency, Armor Proficiency (light, medium), Brawl, Burst Fire, Confident, Far Shot, Improved Damage Threshold, Improved Initiative, Personal Firearms Proficiency, Quick Reload, Streetfighting, Track.
- Talents (Tough): Cold resistance (3), remain conscious, robust, second wind (3), stamina.
| This article is related to |
|D20 Modern NPCs|
|D20 Modern NPCs by Creature Type|
|D20 Modern NPCs by Primary Character Class|