Specially-trained police officers form "Hostile Response Teams" for dealing with threats beyond the ability of regular police officers to deal with. These teams can be found at airports and other sensitive structures. HRT members are often former soldiers, and in some cities, virtually all of them have combat experience in the military. Because they often deal with hostage situations, they must be well-trained in marksmanship.
Some HRT members are trained in forced-entry, and wear heavier armor than the other members. They must be well-trained in close-quarters combat.
A typical SWAT team consists of eleven members, which include an officer and two element leaders. A typical "half-team" consists of an element leader and five members. Supporting members include negotiators and snipers. These statistics represent the typical Forced Entry Team officer, rather than lower-ranking personnel.
The officer sizes up the situation, determines the stealthiest approaches to the structure to be raided, and positions teams around the entrances to prevent escape. Usually the biggest team goes in the front door while smaller teams approach the side doors, but the officer may change these tactics depending on the situation.
SWAT Team Officer (Smart Hero 6/Strong Hero 2/Soldier 4): CR 12; Medium Humanoid (human); HD 6d6+2d8+4d10+12, hp 66, Mas 13; Init +1, Spd 20 ft.; Def 25 (+6 class, +9 forced entry unit); BAB +8, Grap +9; Atk martial arts +10/+5 melee (1d4+2) or carbine +10/+5 ranged (2d6+2); S/R 5 ft./5 ft.; SA Weapon Focus (carbine), Weapon Specialization (carbine); SQ Tactical aid; AL police unit; SV Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +5; AP 6, Rep +2; Str 12, Dex 13, Con 13, Int 16, Wis 13, Cha 10.
- Occupation: Law Enforcement (class skills: Intimidate, Knowledge (tactics); bonus feat: Armor Proficiency [light])
- Skills: Climb -2*, Computer Use +6, Concentration +3, Craft (structural) +5, Demolitions +11, Diplomacy +3, Disable Device +9, Drive +2, Intimidate +15, Investigate +5, Jump -7*, Knowledge (behavioral sciences) +12, Knowledge (business) +4, Knowledge (civics) +9, Knowledge (current events) +6, Knowledge (streetwise) +9, Knowledge (tactics) +24, Knowledge (technology) +6, Listen +5, Move Silently -2*, Profession +11, Repair +5, Spot +8, Survival +4, Swim -5*.
- Languages: Choose any two.
- Feats: Armor Proficiency (light, medium, heavy), Athletic, Cautious, Combat Martial Arts, Confident, Educated (Knowledge [behavioral sciences], Knowledge [tactics]), Personal Firearms Proficiency, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Weapon Focus (unarmed strike).
- Talents (Smart): Exploit weakness, plan, savant (Knowledge [tactics])
- Talents (Strong): Melee smash.
| This article is related to |
|D20 Modern NPCs|
|D20 Modern NPCs by Creature Type|
|D20 Modern NPCs by Primary Character Class|