They boys on the other side of that door are scared and more than a little hostile - they'll fold if we hit them with the nonlethals. Wel'll use the standard entry for this one, with a demo-pack on the lock, and remember ... keep your eyes peeled. They're bound to have a surprise waiting for us.
Specially-trained police officers form "Hostile Response Teams" for dealing with threats beyond the ability of regular police officers to deal with. These teams can be found at airports and other sensitive structures. HRT members are often former soldiers, and in some cities, virtually all of them have combat experience in the military. Because they often deal with hostage situations, they must be well-trained in marksmanship.
Some HRT members are trained in forced-entry, and wear heavier armor than the other members. They must be well-trained in close-quarters combat.
A typical SWAT team consists of eleven members, which include an officer and two element leaders. A typical "half-team" consists of an element leader and five members. Supporting members include negotiators and snipers. These statistics represent the typical Forced Entry Team element leader, rather than lower-ranking personnel or officers.
The leader issues all commands leading into a combat situation for his half-team, and determines the up-to-the-minute plans.
SWAT Element Leader (Tough Hero 3/Strong Hero 3/Smart Hero 2/Soldier 4): CR 12; HD 7d10+3d8+2d6+24, hp 87, Mas 18; Init +1, Spd 20 ft.; Def 28 (+7 class, +9 forced entry unit); BAB +9, Grap +11; Atk martial arts +11/+6 melee (1d4+3) or carbine +11/+6 ranged (2d8+2); S/R 5 ft./5 ft.; SA Weapon Focus (carbine), Weapon Specialization (carbine); SQ Tactical aid; AL police unit; SV Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +6; AP 6, Rep +2; Str 14, Dex 13, Con 15, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 8.
- Occupation: Law Enforcement (class skills: Intimidate, Knowledge (tactics); bonus feat: Armor Proficiency [light])
- Skills: Climb -1*, Computer Use +3, Demolitions +9, Disable Device +5, Intimidate +12, Knowledge (behavioral sciences) +3, Knowledge (civics) +3, Knowledge (current events) +4, Knowledge (tactics) +18, Knowledge (technology) +3, Listen +5, Move Silently -4*, Profession +5, Spot +5, Treat Injury +2.
- Feats: Armor Proficiency (light, medium, heavy), Cautious, Combat Martial Arts, Confident, Improved Damage Threshold, Personal Firearms Proficiency, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Stealthy.
- Talents (Fast): Savant (Knowledge [tactics])
- Talents (Strong): Extreme effort, melee smash.
- Talents (Tough): Damage reduction 1/-, remain conscious.
- Posessions: M4 carbine and 11 magazines (30 rounds each), Beretta 92F and 4 magazines (15 rounds each), forced entry unit, professional walkie-talkie helmet, shotgun (6 slugs, 3 rounds, 3 pepper balloons), grenade launcher (4 tear gas grenades, 2 smart rock grenades, 2 flash-bang grenades), cable cutter, portable battering ram, sledgehammer, liquid metal embrittlement sprayer.
- The specialty grenades and shotgun rounds are designed to penetrate thin wooden doors and walls and explode on the other side.
| This article is related to |
|D20 Modern NPCs|
|D20 Modern NPCs by Creature Type|
|D20 Modern NPCs by Primary Character Class|