Darryl Paladino is the head of an independent Detroit gang. His gang is involved in various rackets, including protection. Paladino has allied himself with larger gangs, who provide him with protection from the police. Many independent gangs "rent" hired gunners from larger gangs when they have a big operation coming up, but Paladino rents his gunners to the larger gangs. He has trained them well.
Paladino started out as a mugger, but his brains brought him to the head of a small gang. Constant warfare with other small gangs turned him into a lean, mean killing machine who first solved problems at the point of a gun, then later moved onto setting up death traps for his opponents. Many smaller gangs were forcibly recruited into his own, minus their leaders and loyal followers, who invariably vanished. To this day, Paladino continues a war with several other independent gangsters.
Paladino's behavior is capricious. Some days, he's a reasonable sane crime executives, but on other days he will pull off mindless stunts like trying to gun down rival gangsters, without support ... in public. Paladino has only recently been able to curb this self-destructive behavior, probably the result of spending five years in a harsh jail for burglary.
Paladino is about 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs 145 pounds. He doesn't let larger opponents intimidate him in combat situations, however.
Darryl Paladino (Strong Hero 3/Fast Hero 2/Charismatic Hero 2/Tough Hero 4): CR 11; Medium Humanoid (human); HD 5d8+2d6+4d10+15, hp 70, Mas 13; Init +6, Spd 35 ft.; Def 22 (+2 Dex, +10 class); BAB +8, Grap +9; Atk lead pipe +10/+5 melee (1d6+3) or small pistol +10/+5 melee (2d6); S/R 5 ft./5 ft.; AL greed, pride; SV Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +1; AP 5, Rep +6; Str 12, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 13, Wis 9, Cha 12.
- Occupation: Criminal (class skills: Hide, Knowledge [streetwise]; bonus feat: Brawl)
- Skills: Bluff +5**, Gather Information +3, Hide +8, Intimidate +11**, Jump +9, Knowledge (behavioral sciences) +6, Knowledge (business) +6, Knowledge (civics) +3, Knowledge (streetwise) +6, Knowledge (tactics) +7, Move Silently +6, Profession +7, Sense Motive +0, Spot +3.
- Feats: Acrobatic, Brawl, Confident, Deceptive, Great Fortitude, Improved Initiative, Personal Firearms Proficiency, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Renown, Weapon Focus (lead pipe).
- Talents (Charismatic): Fast talk.
- Talents (Fast): Increased speed.
- Talents (Strong): Melee smash (improved).
- Talents (Tough): Robust, second wind.
- Posessions: lead pipe (wrapped in newspaper), small pistol with 3 magazines (15 rounds each), brass knuckles, business dress suit, black sports car.
| This article is related to |
|D20 Modern NPCs|
|D20 Modern NPCs by Creature Type|
|D20 Modern NPCs by Primary Character Class|