The security chief represents multiple archetypes, such as a military investigator or chief of security at a heavily guarded corporate installation.
His job is to enforce security from all angles. He leads the "troops", watches through the eyes of the electronic cameras, trains the security guards, investigates crimes, searches for explosives and disarms them, performs "bug sweeps" (he might actually be planting bugs when he does this), defends the main computer, and even does background checks on employees entering sensitive parts of the company he represents. For adventurous heroes bent on combative encounters with an evil corporation, this is someone they have to cross paths with.
Not a strong combatant, his general role in combat is to stand back and direct the troops with his Plan talent. He isn't above firing his pistol or operating remote security devices from a safe position, however.
Security Chief (Dedicated Hero 3/Smart Hero 4/Strong Hero 1/Tough Hero 2): CR 10; Medium Humanoid (human); HD 7d6+1d8+2d10+20; hp 62; Mas 14; Init +0; Spd 30 ft.; Defense 19 (+6 class, +3 undercover vest); BAB +6; Grap +7; Atk martial arts +7/+2 melee (1d4+2) or heavy pistol +7/+2 ranged (2d8) or nightstick +7/+2 melee (1d6+2); Space/Reach 5 ft./5 ft.; AL employer; SV Fort +10, Ref +2, Will +7; AP 5; Rep +3; Str 12, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 8.
- Occupation: Law Enforcement (class skills: Initimidate, Listen; bonus feat: Personal Firearms Proficiency)
- Skills: Climb +2*, Computer Use +6, Demolitions +6, Disable Device +5, Drive +2, Forgery +6, Intimidate +12, Investigate +9, Knowledge (behavioral sciences) +5, Knowledge (business) +3, Knowledge (civics) +4, Knowledge (streetwise) +3, Knowledge (tactics) +9, Knowledge (technology) +5, Listen +17 (+21 surprise), Profession +6, Research +6, Search +11, Sense Motive +12, Spot +14 (+18 surprise), Swim +0*, Treat Injury +4.
- Languages: One (literate, native)
- Feats: Alertness, Armor Proficiency (light), Combat Expertise, Combat Martial Arts, Defensive Martial Arts, Great Fortitude, Improved Disarm, Personal Firearms Proficiency, Point Blank Shot, Weapon Focus (heavy pistol)
- Talents (Dedicated Hero): Aware (+4), Skill Emphasis (Sense Motive)
- Talents (Smart Hero): Plan, Savant (Search)
- Talents (Strong Hero): Melee Smash.
- Talents (Tough Hero): Second Wind
- Possessions: Heavy pistol with laser pointer and 2 magazines (7 rounds each), undercover vest, professional walkie-talkie, chemical mace, taser, bug scanner, metal detector, evidence collection kit, forgery detection kit.
| This article is related to |
|D20 Modern NPCs|
|D20 Modern NPCs by Creature Type|
|D20 Modern NPCs by Primary Character Class|