Get on the floor! NOW!
Specially-trained police officers form "Hostile Response Teams" for dealing with threats beyond the ability of regular police officers to deal with. These teams can be found at airports and other sensitive structures. HRT members are often former soldiers, and in some cities, virtually all of them have combat experience in the military. Because they often deal with hostage situations, they must be well-trained in marksmanship.
Some HRT members are trained in forced-entry, and wear heavier armor than the other members. They must be well-trained in close-quarters combat.
A typical SWAT team consists of eleven members, which include an officer and two element leaders. A typical "half-team" consists of an element leader and five members. Supporting members include negotiators and snipers. These statistics represent the typical Forced Entry Team Member, rather than element leaders or officers.
SWAT Forced Entry Team Member (Tough Hero 5/Strong Hero 3/Smart Hero 2): CR 10; Medium Humanoid (human); HD 5d10+3d8+2d6+30, hp 82, Mas 16; Def 25 (+6 class, +9 forced entry unit); BAB +7, Grap +9; Atk carbine +8/+3 ranged (2d8) or martial arts +9/+4 melee (1d4+4); S/R 5 ft./5 ft.; AL police unit; SV Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +5; AP 5, Rep +2; Str 14, Dex 13, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 8.
- Occupation: Law Enforcement (class skills: Intimidate, Knowledge [tactics]; bonus feat: Armor Proficiency [light])
- Skills: Climb -3*, Demolitions +4, Disable Device +4, Intimidate +7, Knowledge (civics) +3, Knowledge (streetwise) +4, Knowledge (tactics) +8, Knowledge (technology) +2, Listen +3, Move Silently -7*, Spot +4, Treat Injury +2.
- Feats: Armor Proficiency (light, medium, heavy), Cautious, Combat Martial Arts, Confident, Improved Damage Threshold, Personal Firearms Proficiency, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Stealthy.
- Talents (Smart): Savant (Knowledge [tactics])
- Talents (Strong): Melee smash (improved)
- Talents (Tough): Damage reduction 2/-, remain conscious.
- Possessions: M4 carbine and 11 magazines (30 rounds each), Beretta 92F and 4 magazines (15 rounds each), forced entry unit, professional walkie-talkie helmet, shotgun (6 slugs, 3 rounds, 3 pepper balloons), grenade launcher (4 tear gas grenades, 2 smart rock grenades, 2 flash-bang grenades), cable cutter, portable battering ram, sledgehammer, liquid metal embrittlement sprayer.
- The specialty grenades and shotgun rounds are designed to penetrate thin wooden doors and walls and explode on the other side.
| This article is related to |
|D20 Modern NPCs|
|D20 Modern NPCs by Creature Type|
|D20 Modern NPCs by Primary Character Class|