Annabelle Maddy had a hard life on the streets. She ended up joining a gang for protection, and quickly developed a reputation as a canny, calculating street fighter. The gang leader, Javier Herdon, was primarily interested in protection rackets, targetting local drug dealers. His forces were strong enough to keep larger gangs away from his five block turf.
Maddy inherited the leadership of her gang from Herdon upon his disappearance. Everyone in her gang thought that Herdon was a genius, but Maddy far surpassed him. Soon, she was raking in of millions of dollars per year in various illegal activities, and befriending the police and civil officials who could keep her out of legal trouble. Most of these activities were "under the radar" as far as other gangs were concerned. Her usual response to attempts to gather a street tax was to make a profit-sharing deal with the larger gang instead.
Several other gangs grew jealous of her power, but Maddy recruited a cadre of gunmen loyal to her. With these, she shattered the rival gangs in brutal wars. Those that survived became bitter rivals or were absorbed into her organization.
Annabelle Maddy (Dedicated Hero 6/Tough Hero 3/Smart Hero 4/Charismatic Hero 3): CR 16; Medium Humanoid (human); HD 13d6+3d10+19, hp 83, Mas 15; Init +0, Spd 30 ft.; Def 16 (+6 class); BAB +9, Grap +10; Atk brawl +12/+7 melee (1d6+1 nonlethal) or revolver +10/+5 ranged (2d6); S/R 5 ft./5 ft.; AL greed, any; SV Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +10; AP 8, Rep +7; Str 13, Dex 10, Con 13, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 14.
- Occupation: White Collar (class skills: Diplomacy, Knowledge [business])
- Skills: Bluff +10 (+12 feint)*, Diplomacy +16,*, Drive +3, Gamble +9*, Gather Information +9, Intimidate +8*, Investigate +5, Knowledge (behavioral sciences) +6, Knowledge (business) +23, Knowledge (civics) + 12, Knowledge (current events) +16, Knowledge (popular culture) +4, Knowledge (streetwise) +16, Knowledge (tactics) +9, Listen +3 (+10 surprise), Profession +16, Sense Motive +5, Spot +6 (+13 surprise)
- Languages: Any two (literate, spoken)
- Feats: Brawl (Improved), Combat Expertise, Deceptive, Defensive Martial Arts, Improved Damage Threshold, Improved Feint, Iron Will, Personal Firearms Proficiency, Streetfighting, Trustworthy, Unbalance Opponent, Weapon Focus (brawl), Weapon Focus (revolver).
- Talents (Charismatic): Coordinate, fast talk.
- Talents (Dedicated): Aware (+7), cool under pressure (Knowledge [business], Knowledge [current events], Knowledge [streetwise], Sense Motive), Skill Emphasis (Bluff)
- Talents (Smart): Exploit weakness, savant (Knowledge [business])
- Talents (Tough): Damage reduction 1/-, robust.
| This article is related to |
|D20 Modern NPCs|
|D20 Modern NPCs by Creature Type|
|D20 Modern NPCs by Primary Character Class|